There is no denying in the benefits of natural products, especially when it comes to curing your body. The trend of Herbal vs. homeopathic products’ remedies are the oldest medical methods for the treatment of various diseases. For many, herbal and homeopathic might sound similar, but in fact, they are both distinctive sort of natural treatments. Not only the formulation of herbal medicine and homeopathic medicine, but their safety measures and symptoms are entirely different as well.
The Herbal products
Herbalism is basically the study of cure through plants. According to archeologists, the history of herbalism dates back 60,000 years ago while the written proofs are available approximately 5,000 years old. The ancient Egyptians, Greeks, and Chinese used to practice herbal medication extensively.
Merits and demerits of herbal products
People are mostly using herbal medicine by having their faith in them, but still, there are advantages and disadvantages connected to everything.
The advantages of herbal products are:
- They are very economical, unlike conventional medicines.
- These medicines do not need any prescription and easily available at any pharmaceutical store.
- Due to the presence of all-natural ingredients, there are zero side effects linked to the herbal products.
The demerits of herbal products:
- When it comes to the stern ailments, it is almost impossible to cure them with herbal medicine. For instance, you cannot treat heart issues or broken body parts with the herbal treatment.
- Before applying any herbal therapy, it is imperative to know that whether the patient is allergic to certain herb or not.
- Herbal treatment is usually lengthy to be effective. Thus, the person is required to be really patient.
This therapy works on the principle of “Like Cures Like”, means the element which originated the signs of disease present in the healthy body can treat the same signs of disease in the ailing body.
The treatment of Homeopathy has been practiced since 400 BC and till today vast number of people relies on this method of treatment. In the 18th century, a medical practitioner named Hahnemann introduced the term Homeopathy and rejected the immaterial views.
Merits and demerits of Homeopathic Products:
Just like herbalism, homeopathy medicine also has its merits and demerits attached to it, which are:
- Homeopathic products can be used easily for elders and children due to natural ingredients.
- This style of treatment actually strengthens the body to heal itself with its own power and defeat the disease.
- Homeopathic medicine is easy to carry and can be consumed without any awful taste complains.
- With the benefits of natural products, the side effects are almost none.
While the demerits of homeopathic products are:
- The diagnose of illness is highly dependable on the expert level of a physician, which is greatly risky because there is a lack of authentic practitioners.
- Using homeopathy for the treatment of serious illness like HIV is highly warned by World Health Organization.
- Homeopathy treatment cannot be recommended for the emergency situations.
It is always wise to take consultation from the different doctors or experts before relying on any healing method and check whichever works better.